Quick, easy and healthy, this stir-fry is perfect as a weekday meal.
Ingredients You'll Need
- SAUCE ---------
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup honey
- STIR-FRY ---------
- 1 medium onion, diced 1/2"
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli, stems peeled
- 2 Honey Garlic chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce. Add honey to mixture.
- Thinly slice the peeled broccoli stems and cut the florets into 1" pieces. Set aside with onion.
- Preheat a large skillet over high heat.
- When skillet is hot, add 1 tbsp oil and cubed chicken. Saute for 2 minutes to brown before flipping the chicken and cooking until golden brown and don in the centre. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Add onion and broccoli, stirring every 30 seconds for 3-5 minutes or until onions begin to soften and broccoli turns bright green, but is still crisp.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to pan, cover and simmer for 3 minutes until water has mostly evaporated and broccoli is just tender.
- Add chicken, minced garlic, and sauce into the skillet.
- Stir to incorporate the honey, and simmer 1-2 minutes to thicken the sauce. Serve immediately.