A tender and juicy pork loin roast, with a tangy twist.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 2kg (4.4kg) Meridian pork loin roast
- FOR THE BRINE:
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, in chunks
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- Juice from half a lime
- For best results, brine your roast in a salt and water mixture overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, remove and rinse the roast, and place in a large, oven-safe saucepan with a lid.
- Mix the pineapple, garlic, ginger, 1 cup coconut milk, rice vinegar, sesame oil, pepper, salt and spice together in a blender until smooth. Pour over the roast and marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the covered roast in the oven for a total of 5 hours, basting with the cooking liquid every 30 minutes or so.
- After 2.5 hours, crack the lid open.
- For the last 30 minutes, remove the lid completely.
- Remove the roast from the oven and place on a serving platter. Cover to keep it warm.
- Add lime juice and rest of coconut milk to the cooking liquid in the saucepan. Once combined, serve with the roast and enjoy!