The perfect dinner for any occasion!
Ingredients You'll Need
- 2 Meridian Free Range, Grass-Fed New York Strip Steaks
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Let your steaks stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat, then add oil to the pan, swirling to coat.
- Place your steaks carefully in the pan, cooking for 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and add the butter, thyme sprigs and crushed garlic to the pan.
- Grab the pan handle (with an oven mitt or dish towel), and tilt the pan towards you so the butter pools on one side. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes while basting with this butter.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and cover with foil, allowing to sit for 10 minutes. Save the butter in the pan!
- To serve; cut steak diagonally across the grain in thin slices, and spoon the reserved butter over the top. Serve with vegetables of your choice.