Now Hiring: Meat Department Manager
Meat Department Manager (noun/ master butcher; Steak Boss)
Meridian knows meat like Bo knows baseball. It’s our pride and passion, and it’s our butchers who deliver all that passion to the customer through exceptional service, and a selection of meats, seafood and delicacies they won’t find anywhere else. We are seeking a full time qualified meat cutter to join our management team at our North Vancouver location.
What you’ll be doing:
As meat department manager, you’ll be leading the highest sales volume and grossing department of our store. And ensuring our customers are receiving the best possible experience every time they visit the meat counter. You’ll keep our displays filled with an abundant, high quality selection of meats and seafood that oozes with ‘WOW’ factor.
Along with meat processing, you’ll be responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, placing orders with vendors, planning & organizing in-store promotions and changing displays, receiving, warehousing, merchandizing and managing your team of service staff that assist our customers’ every need. You’ll set monthly goals for sales volumes and profitability, and lock in to crush those targets like a red-meat-rockstar.
Grade ‘A’ Requirements:
- Previous grocery retail experience.
- You’re good with people, and know how to lead and inspire them to be their best selves at work.
- You’re a genuinely happy and outgoing people person, and you get a buzz of making someone’s day.
- You’re efficient, organized, and you like to GSD (Get Stuff Done).
- You roll up your sleeves and roll with the punches when the pressure’s on.
- You’re self-motivated and care about making an impact.
- You want to learn and welcome new stretching challenges and opportunities
‘AAA’ Bonus points for:
- Meat Cutting Journeyman Ticket.
- Management experience.
- Experience training apprentices.
- Food Safe Certification.
Why work at Meridian?
You’ll be joining a team of friends (a family, a squad) who know the best way to get work done is to have fun doing it. Collaboration, personality, hard work, and baked goods are all wholeheartedly encouraged. We offer competitive salary, in-store discount, medical and dental coverage, and a fun and social work culture.
We’re a locally owned & operated family business with 6 locations in the lower mainland. Fresh describes everything we do, from free range and grass-fed meats raised without added growth hormones, to Ocean Wise sustainable seafood, locally harvested produce and artisan breads baked daily. Every day, our goal is to delight people’s senses with an abundant selection of the freshest food available.
How to Apply
Apply online below.
Include your salary expectation.
Please note: Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. Have an awesome day!