Cheesy, bruschetta pork chops…mmm!
Don’t like pork? Try it on fresh chicken breasts!
Ingredients You'll Need
- 4 Meridian Boneless Pork Chops
- 2 large, very firm, tomatoes, diced small
- 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for basting
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, plus more for drizzle
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high for 10 minutes
- Make bruschetta by tossing together the tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil leaves and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and lightly baste with olive oil
- Grill for 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness
- Top the pork chops with mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler for 1 minute until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned
- Let rest for 5 minutes
- Top chops with a spoonful of bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic vinegar