Top Sirloin Steak Giveaway
Official Contest Rules and Regulations
By entering Meridian’s Top Sirloin Steak Giveaway (the “Contest”), entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the sponsor, Meridian Meats & Seafood and Meridian Farm Market (the “Sponsor”) which are final.
This Contest is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of Canada at time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited.
A valid facebook, twitter or instagram account is required to participate in the Contest. Many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free computer and internet access and a number of internet service providers and other companies offer free email addresses. Social media accounts are also free and can be accessed at locations with free computer and internet access.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
THE CONTEST PERIOD
This Contest runs from November 3rd, 2016 12:00 a.m. to November 7th, 2016 2:00 p.m. (the “Contest Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
To enter the contest,
Step 1: LIKE Meridian Meats on Facebook
Step 2: Follow the instructions on the Top Sirloin SteakContest Post
Only one entry per individual, per day.
For additional entries:
2) Follow @MeridianFarmMarket on Instagram Tag 2 friends in the contest post from the @MeridianFarmMarket Instagram Page
3) Follow @meridianmeatsbc on twitter and retweet the contest post
Entries must be written in English or French, must be reasonably related to the question listed on each individual post, and written in a manner that is sufficiently clear to be understood.
Entrants may, but are not required to, include a photograph with their entries.
All components of an entry must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; may not have been used publicly previously by any third party; must not infringe any third-party’s rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements; may not invade privacy, publicity or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not show the likeness of any third party without consent; may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names or third party logos; and may not contain any copyrighted works owned by third parties. All Entries will be reviewed for content eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations before being entered into the Contest. Entries containing false information, prohibited material or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may be disqualified. The Sponsor makes the final determination as to what Entries are eligible to take part in this Contest. An entry is not deemed to be eligible solely by virtue of having been posted on social media or other media by the Sponsor. The Sponsor at all times retains its right to determine an entry’s eligibility. Submission of an Entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the unconditional, irrevocable, worldwide right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, whether or not such Entry is selected as a winning Entry. BY SUBMITTING THE ORIGINAL ENTRY, THE ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE HAS ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST NECESSARY TO GRANT THE SPONSOR THE NON-EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE, IRREVOCABLE AND UNRESTRICTED RIGHT AND LICENSE TO ADAPT, PUBLISH, USE, EDIT, AND/OR MODIFY SUCH ENTRY IN ANY WAY AND POST THE ORIGINAL ENTRY ON THE INTERNET OR USE THE ORIGINAL ENTRY IN ANY OTHER WAY AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY.
To be eligible, entries must be received during the Contest Period.
WHO CAN ENTER
This Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who are the age of majority in the province in which they reside on the last day of the Contest Period except employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, Sponsor’s subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of Prizes, material and services in connection with the Contest or any other person directly related to the holding of the Contest, as well as members of their immediate families (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children) their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside.
There will be 1 prize (the “Prizes”) awarded, consisting of Meridian Meats & Seafood products (Approx $60 value) to the individual, qualifying contest winner.
One random draw will be conducted at the Sponsor’s agency office located at
11980 227th street, Maple Ridge, BC Telephone: 604-466-0508 on the Draw Dates set out below, from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, up to and including the date immediately prior to the particular Draw Date. An individual is not eligible to win more than one Prize.
The prize draws will happen on November 7th, 2016.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received up to the time of each draw.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
Each selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question. The selected entrants will be announced via Facebook comment on the post. Arrangements will be made for the awarding of the Prize at the time the skill-testing question is administered and correctly answered. The prize will need to be picked up at one of our 6 British Columbia, Canada locations.
If a selected entrant does not contact the Sponsor within 30 days of the original winning comment, the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the skill-testing questions, or if, for any other reason, the Prize cannot be awarded, the entrant will forfeit their prize. Selected entrants must sign and submit to the Sponsor a declaration and release that may include, without limitation, authorization for the Sponsor and its agents to announce and publish the selected entrant’s name, address (city and province only) and/or photograph or image or other likeness, without further compensation, at any time and from time to time, in any future publicity. Such declaration and release must be received by the Sponsor at the office of the agency administering the Contest at (#2 – 22621 Lougheed Highway, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 2V4) or by email to be provided to the potential winner, within 5 business days following the date that the selected entrant was first contacted by the Sponsor.
- The Sponsor is committed to respecting entrants’ privacy rights. The Sponsor will not sell an entrant’s personal information collected for this Contest to any third parties
- Any information gathered from contest entrants will be used strictly in administering the contest and/or prize and not used for any other contact
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Sponsor is not responsible for any human or computer-generated error in the selection of an entrant or the awarding of a Prize.
- Any person who enters or tries to enter the Contest in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants will be automatically disqualified and could be referred to the appropriate authorities.
- The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter this Contest is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or enter will be disqualified. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, has made a misrepresentation, or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, the entrant will be disqualified. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the entry.
- By entering this Contest, entrants release the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for damages of whatever nature that arise from the acceptance, use or misuse of all or any part of a prize, including any travel related thereto, or otherwise from participation in this Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials or these Official Contest Rules and Regulations.
If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the social media account provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of his/her name, personal information (Name, City, Province) and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes related to this Contest by the Sponsor without further notice or compensation.
- The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any failure of email during the Contest or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email, on-line, or Internet entry to be received by the Sponsor. In addition, the Sponsor shall not be responsible for technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant”s or any other person”s computer or property related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material on the Contest website. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the non-English language rules, the English rules shall prevail.
- Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all aspects of this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw or change this Contest at any time without prior notice subject, in Quebec, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a fair settlement. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.