29 Healthy Ways to Slim Down
Here are 29 of the easy, safe & healthy ways to “waist” away.
If shedding a few pounds is on your list of goals, check out this list of weight loss tips. Try a few, or try all 29!
- Write down your monthly goals for workouts and post them in places you will see every day like your mirror or your fridge.
- Wash and cut fruit and vegetables and store in your fridge so they are ready to eat on the go.
- Eat more fish. Fish is a very healthy option. Try cooking if for dinner, here is one of our favourites for Rosemary Garlic Roast Salmon
- Eat your meals on smaller plates. The appearance of more food on a smaller plate makes you feel fuller.
- Try boiling or baking your meals instead of frying.
- Switch from whole milk to skim milk.
- Switch from soda to water.
- Switch from ground beef to lean ground turkey. Try our tasty turkey chili
- Snack on nuts! They are great for you, help keep you satisfied and they taste great too
- Sleep can affect your appetite. Not enough sleep can make your body crave more food – aim for a solid 8 hours a night.
- Plan your meals ahead of time…that way you are less likely to go for take out.
- Eat fruit! You can eat fruit any time of the day.
- Lower your carb intake. You don’t need to cut carbs out completely but simple substitutions like switching from white to whole wheat can make a huge difference.
- Hummus! Dip vegetables in hummus instead of ranch, or spread on sandwiches or wraps.
- Get a good pair of runners. There is a better chance you will run if you have a comfortable pair of running shoes.
- Eat quinoa. It’s delicious for you and can be used in many different meals. Check out our recipe forMediterranean chicken and quinoa salad
- Eat more veggies! Bring carrots or celery to snack on at work or make an extra vegetable with your dinner.
- Eat gum! Chewing gum can often relieve the urge to snack.
- Drink water and lots of it, all the time!
- Eat Avocados, they are full of good fats and taste great on almost everything.
- Drink a large glass of water before meals, you will feel fuller quicker.
- Don’t go grocery shopping when you’re hungry. When you are hungry your hunger will help you decide what to buy (and sometimes are cravings don’t pick the healthiest options)!
- Don’t keep junk food in the house. You can’t eat it if it’s not there!
- Don’t go back for seconds.
- Don’t eat after seven o’clock at night.
- Cook egg whites instead of whole eggs.
- Baby steps. You can’t change your whole lifestyle in a day. Try making small changes one or two at a time, they will be easier to adjust to and become more routine.
- Always start the day with a great breakfast…it is the most important meal of the day.
- Celebrate when you achieve your goals! Every pound lost is a goal gained!
For more information go to http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2014/01/50-simple-tips-to-help-you-lose-weight.html