When it comes to marinating your steaks at home, here are a few tips:
- Combine your steaks and marinade in a sealed zip-loc bag. Squeeze out any excess air so the meat is completely surrounded by the liquid and flip the bag over from time to time while the meat marinates.
- Marinade steaks for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- If refrigerating, bring the steaks back to room temperature (covered) for at least 1 hour before grilling.
Here are a few simple, delicious marinades we recommend trying.
It’s Soy-easy Marinade
This recipe is a fabulously easy marinade with big flavor taste!
- 1/4 C. soy sauce
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Lemon and Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (fresh crushed garlic – even better!)
Ancho Chili Marinade
- 1 (2 oz.) package dried ancho chilies (soaked in water overnight or until soft, then remove seeds)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 Tbs. fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts or meat of choice
Add all ingredients in food processor. Puree until smooth. Spread mixture over the steaks and marinade according to our marinating tips.
That Marinade Everyone Loves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper