This potato salad, tossed with a creamy, smoky dressing will be the star of your summer party buffet.
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and halved vertically
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried sage
- 1/4 cup oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 4 slices Meridian Double Smoked Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring potatoes, salt, and enough water to cover by 1 inch to a boil. Cook potatoes at a gentle boil until tender, about 20 minutes, then drain. Transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle potatoes with vinegar. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Gently mix dressing into potatoes until all ingredients are evenly distributed and potatoes are well coated. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate before serving.
Tips & Techniques
Tip: Waxy fingerlings and red-skinned potatoes hold their shapes when boiled; russets and Yukon golds break apart, producing a fluffy texture.