A spicy rub of paprika, cayenne and black pepper, oregano, thyme, and garlic turns to a rich mahogany color as the chicken cooks on the grill. Serve this spicy chicken with a cool slaw or other summer salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 Meridian Free Run Boneless Skin-on Chicken Breast halves (approx 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1. Set up a grill for indirect cooking over medium-high. This means leaving one burner off, leaving part of your grill cooler, but leaving the other burner(s) on medium high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. In a bowl, combine paprika, ground pepper, salt, cayenne, oregano, thyme, garlic, and oil; rub on chicken.
- 2. Grill chicken, skin side down, directly over heat source until skin is browned, about 4 minutes. Flip chicken; move to cooler side of grill. Cover grill and cook chicken until cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil. Let chicken rest 10 minutes.