Burger Smothered in Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Blue Cheese Sauce
This recipe is worth the little bit of extra time to prepare. Every bite is phenomenal.
4 6-ounce Meridian Prime Rib or Homemade Steak burgers
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
salt and pepper to taste
1 splash brandy
1/4 cup beef broth
1/2 cup blue cheese (crumbled, I used gorgonzola)
- Brush the patties with oil, place on grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Set aside, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan
- Add the onion and saute at medium heat until caramelized, about 20-30 minutes
- Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and saute until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the brandy and broth and deglaze the pan.
- Simmer until it has reduced by half, about 3-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the blue cheese.
- Assemble burger with buns, patties, caramelized onion, mushroom blue cheese sauce, lettuce and tomato and garnish with some more crumbled blue cheese.