- 5 tsp Whole Peppercorns
- 4 Meridian Free Range Rib-Eye Steaks, 8-9 oz. each
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Green Onion
- ½ cup Dry White Wine or Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- Crush peppercorns w/a mallet or heavy saucepan. Press crushed peppercorns evenly over both sides of each steak. Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat until almost smoking.
- Add steaks to skillet. Cook for 3 min. per side for med. Remove steaks to a serving platter; keep warm. Drain fat from skillet. Add 2 tsp butter and green onions to skillet.
- Saute green onions over med. heat until tender, about 4 min. Add broth. Simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 min. or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir whipping cream into skillet. Simmer, stirring continually, with a wire whisk for 1 min. Add remaining butter, whisk until melted. Pour sauce over steaks and serve.