This classic dessert adapts so wonderfully to the barbecue you’ll want to come back for more.
- 2 tbsp corn syrup 2 2tbsp tbsp(30 mL) (30 mL) corn syrup
- 1 tbsp butter 1 1tbsp tbsp(15 mL) (15 mL) butter
- 4 firm ripe bananas 4 4firm ripe bananas
- 4 slices (1/2 inch/1 cm thick) pound cakes 4 4slices slices(1/2 inch/1 cm thick) pound cakes
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream , (about 2 cups/500 mL)4 4scoops scoopsvanilla ice cream, (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce 1/2 1/2cup cup(125 mL) (125 mL) chocolate sauce
In small microwaveable bowl, microwave corn syrup with butter on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
Peel bananas and slice lengthwise in half; brush with butter mixture. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until bananas are tender, about 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, grill cake, turning once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.