This recipe oozes with fresh flavour and has beautiful plate presentation!
for the Avocado Mango Salsa
- half a large avocado, peeled and diced (Can also use 1/3 cup fresh blueberries)
- 1/3 cup peeled, diced mangoes
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
for the Salmon
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- four Meridian Sockeye Salmon fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- pinch sea salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
Combine the avocado (or blueberries), mangoes, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, jalapenos, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Lightly crush with a fork to release the juices. Set aside. [Wear gloves when handling hot chile peppers, or wash your hands thoroughly before touching your eyes, nose or mouth.]
Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and sear for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
Serve each salmon fillet with ¼ cup Avocado Mango Salsa.
makes 4 servings